Wednesday, August 4, 2010

As of yesterday we have been living here for a week! WOW! I can't believe I am LIVING in Alaska! It is absoltuely breathtaking. The ocean is gorgeous, the trees are gorgeous, the mountains, are gorgeous (some even have snow on top-which is so cool to me!) Some mornings I wake up and the sun is out and the moutains are picture perfect and HUGE and some mornings I wake up and the fog is so thick that the mountains seem to have completely disappeared... it is amazing! It defintely is everything they say. I have met some very nice ladies here, that have been very sweet and helpful and it makes me feel a little better to know some people here. Sitka has a very small town feel, similar to Troy, so that makes me feel better too, thats what I'm use to afterall. Bubba is underway for his first time on a cutter and my first time by myself in Alaska-and it has not been so bad, the week is almost half way done and he'll be home before I know it! I tell you what though, this weather has me a little "thrown off" because it feels like it does in Texas around Thanksgiving time and anyday now my body is expecting to be eating some of Zini and Aprils good cooking! Man, am I gonna miss that. But considering I will have alot of time on my hands I plan on being an expert cook when I leave this place ...haha, well Im going to try anyways. If I can master boiling eggs by the time we leave, than Ill be good -right April? ;) No seriously, I really am going to try to expand my horizons as far as cooking goeswhile Im here (lucky Bubba is gonna be my guinea pig-or poor Bubba depending on how you look at it ;) ) I miss home but Im really enjoying this experience so far. Well Im sure after reading this you'll have a good taste of how my mind jumps from one subject to the other BUT, Im not to worried because luckily those of you that are reading this probably already knew that! xoxoxo... until next time



I dont have any pictures of Sitka yet, but here are a few of Alaska from the ferry ride....



Wait for it...

A whale! Me and Bubba were so excited to see this!




Canadian Coast Guard in Canadian waters

Looked like a ghost town

Petersburg, Alaska; one of our ports on the ferry



Wouldnt want to be that guy... I've seen whales do belly flops on to
guys like him before on youtube and that guys looks like he's about two
 paddles away from 2,816,840 views-if ya know what I mean

Seals sunbathing on a bouy!







Woke up to see this... even better in person!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.